East Georgia Dual Enrollment Students – many of you have already read emails and other information concerning the University System of Georgia’s directives concerning the Coronavirus.
- Instruction has been suspended on all instructional sites effective from March 16th through March 27th.
- The Swainsboro and Statesboro campus students are currently on Spring Break the week of March 16th thru March 20th. The week of March 23rd thru March 27th there will be no instruction on campus or online for that week
- Although all physical locations are not closed we are encouraging students to remain off-campus until March 29th or until additional directives are given.
- Staff assistance is available electronically through email or by phone.
- Visit the COVID-19 Information for the EGSC Community found here for updates: http://www.ega.edu/covid19
Augusta Tech Dual Enrollment
We have just received new guidance from the Technical College System of Georgia, which calls for the temporary suspension of instruction. We know this raises a lot of questions, and I appreciate your patience as we work through specific direction for faculty, staff and students. Updates will be provided as they become available. For the latest information, I encourage you to check our COVID-19 resource page at augustatech.edu.
In light of the current health issues and concerns resulting from the coronavirus (COVID-19), Augusta Technical College has made the decision to suspend face-to-face instruction, testing, and activities on campuses for two weeks starting on Monday, March 16, 2020. Online classes will continue in some format. Current plans are to resume face-to-face classes on Monday, March 30, 2020. Please check your SmartWeb email for communication from your instructor regarding online coursework during this time.
Due to the suspension of face-to-face courses, the need to extend the spring semester is being considered to allow students to complete all required coursework, lab hours, etc.
While a variety of factors influenced this decision, be assured that the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff is always our primary concern. This remains a rapidly evolving situation and we know that members of our community will have questions that this announcement does not yet answer.
The College’s leadership team is monitoring the situation and will continue to develop answers, adjust plans as necessary, and communicate frequently.
Please monitor www.augustatech.edu and all Augusta Tech social media channels for updated information and resources.